Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trekking Adventure in Nepal with Fran West

The Annapurna - Dhaulagiri Trek in Nepal was a real adventure for me.
It was a challenge more than just a simple reward for my big birthday.


I'm not only afraid of heights (even though I'm a pilot), but I'm also an asthmatic. My aim was to reach the Holy Lake, with its snow covered shoreline, and return without having an asthma attack or needing to use my inhaler due to the altitude.


The hardest physical and mental challenge I have ever had – climbing along steep rocky paths, crossing over bridges, walking through waterfalls, inching my way across slippery landslides and eventually reaching the lake at 4,600 metres.

After setting off early in the morning in the dark, the group returned in the twilight eleven hours later with a herd of yaks accompanying it.

No asthma attack though. Amazing what being determined can achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment