Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fran West Walkabout on Tasmania's Overland Track




Tasmania's Overland Track is one of the world's great walks - 5 nights, 6 days and about 80 kilometres of walking (including detours to beauty spots).



It was one of my life's challenges after surviving a head on collision in a car (not a plane). I had to go to the gym to rehabilitate and do extra training with a backpack just to prove that the accident wasn't going to stop me.

I did the walk but was always at the back, not just because of my bad knees and feet, but because there are just so many things to photograph.

Unfortunately, the accident has slowed me down, but determination can overcome a lot of negatives in our lives.

And yes, this trip has also been made into a best selling DVD.
Watch a snippet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMGrq6q6ps




No comments:

Post a Comment