Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fran West Rafting Adventure on the Seti River, Nepal

After finishing the trek in Nepal, I had another adventure lined up, rafting on the Seti River.

There had been a lot of trouble in the country previously because of the royal family deaths, so there weren't as many tourists around.

My trip consisted of me and three Nepalese men (all a bit young for me though!) in the raft.


The guide even thanked me for paddling, particularly when we were going through the rapids. What kind of raft trip is it if the guide does all the work and everyone just sits there? That's not rafting.



Anyway, a great trip with one overnight stop. I had a good night's rest, after all that hard paddling, in my own cosy tent which was close to the Royal Palace (loo tent). More stories about the trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment