Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flyabout Adventure in Outback Australia - Flinders Ranges

The main draw card of the Flinders Ranges in South Australia's Outback is Wilpena Pound.

I landed near the Pound on one of my flights. At Rawnsley Park Station I had to watch out for eagles in flight and at Wilpena I had to wait until kangaroos bounded off the runway before I could take off. Am I an animal magnet or what?

Even if you don't like planes you must admit that a plane with a background like this looks mighty fine.

Shortly I'll be heading up to the Flinders and beyond but by 4 wheel drive this time.



You can join me on my trip, by remote via the web, by going to this site
http://theworldbyweb.com/global/blogs/entry/Fran-West-Off-the-beaten-track-1-week-till-launch

No comments:

Post a Comment