Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fran West Adventure on a mountain bike in Nepal

After our trek in Nepal had finished, I spent a couple of days in the Royal Chitwan National Park. While there, I was talking to a couple who had done a mountain bike trip around Kathmandu. They said that they hired a guide and he took them to wherever they wanted to go - a tailor made trip.


Because I had a few days to spare in Kathmandu, I did the same thing too, so it always pays to talk to fellow travellers about their experiences and suggestions.




My guide, Tilak, took me past some of the embassies (and we actually went into the Australian High Commission grounds), the wealthier areas and then up into the hills around the city. We had lunch at a monastery overlooking Kathmandu and then biked back down the valley through farming villages.

Riding through busy traffic was scary and hair raising but Tilak said just keep going and don't look back! It worked and I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment