Friday, August 13, 2010

Flyabout Adventure to Theda Station with Fran West

As mentioned in one of my previous blog posts, I flew in to Theda Station on my way around Australia's coast.

I ordered a drum of avgas to be trucked in for me so the plane could be refuelled.

Before I left on my trip I checked that the fuel had arrived at Theda. Sometimes in the northwestern part of Western Australia the roads can be flooded and trucks can't get through with the fuel.

One of the things I remember about Theda was not only the flies and the wonderful hospitality but the fact that I had company when I had a shower.

The local frogs seemed to enjoy having a shower with guests - just as well it was poorly lit!

The photo shows the accommodation block which had the toilets and showers in the middle and the eating area on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment