Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fran West Adventure in Boodjamulla (Lawn Hill) National Park, Queensland

To reach Lawn Hill Gorge, my coastal flight detoured from the Gulf of Carpentaria to Burketown and then headed further inland to land at Adel's Grove.

After dropping off my gear in the tent accommodation, the Savannah Guide drove me to the national park.

I spent time doing several of the walks, checking out the Aboroginal rock art and climbing up to a vantage point to view the Lawn Hill Gorge and Creek. It was very hot walking at that time of day and I drank copious amounts of water. Do your walking early in the morning or towards evening when it's not so hot.

After that I spent the rest of the time canoeing on the creek enjoying the ponds and waterfalls. A real oasis in the desert.

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/boodlamulla-lawn-hill/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment