Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fran West Adventure on Florida airboat

After presenting a session at the Women in Aviation International conference in Orlando, I took time off to do a bit of touring.

I'm a big fan of CSI Miami and love the opening scenes which show an airboat speeding through the swamps. Just had to do that.

Near Christmas, Florida, I managed to sit right up the front of the airboat and take some real close ups of alligators slithering off the banks and under the boat.

The driver said Australian crocodiles were meaner and more aggressive than Florida alligators. Was he trying to wind me up just because I'm an Aussie?

He did, however, say "Don't drop your baby in the water because you won't get it back!"


P.S. I had all my winter woollies on - coat, gloves, scarf and beanie and I was still freezing. It's a bit breezy!




No comments:

Post a Comment