Friday, January 28, 2011

Awesome Alaskan Sunset Stirs the Soul

Sunsets in Alaska are awesome (as is just about everything else about the place). However, this one was at the end of a superb day for me.

In the morning I left Anchorage and headed down to Trail Lake and Moose Pass to do some refresher float plane flying. I'd gained a float plane rating in Seattle years ago and wanted to try some more float flying in a mountainous region that had lakes, rivers, glaciers and ice fields.

Spectacular is an understatement for the scenery. The flying wasn't bad either. You can see some of the photos on my main website www.franwest.com.

Just a wonderful day with the long drive back to Anchorage accompanied by a setting sun.



The sunset seemed to seep into my soul and remind me just how fortunate I've been to live my dreams of travel, flying and photography.

Enjoy the photo.







No comments:

Post a Comment