Friday, October 1, 2010

Windmill, Rawnsley Park Station, Flinders Ranges, South Australia

On my recent trip into South Australia's Outback, "Off the Beaten Track", I wanted to go ballooning at Rawnsley Park Station, in the Flinders Ranges.

I got up early in time to meet the chief pilot in front of the Woolshed Restaurant at 5.45am. Quite chilly in the dark and I was rugged up in my scarf, gloves and beanie.

However, the wind was deemed too brisk and unsafe by the pilot so the balloons were not going to be launched. Very disappointing.

Fortunately, I've learnt how to turn negatives into positives, and instead of going back to a warm bed I decided to stay out in the cold and photograph the sunrise.

This windmill at dawn was just one of the beautiful views to put a positive spin on a negative start to the day.

Here's more of the article or for the full colour newsletter email me at fran@franwest.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment