Thursday, October 7, 2010

Flyabout Adventure around Australia's Coast - Mornington Island

During my flyabout around Australia's coast, I landed on another island in the Gulf of Carpentaria, Mornington Island.


The actual place I landed was at Birri Birri, a fishing resort. There were horses along the edge of this strip too and after landing I had to taxi in between piles of horse dung. They never told us about that at flying school.


As you can see from the photo, the ocean is pastel perfection and the sandy beach just begs you to walk on it with bare feet. However, although this place is an island fishing Paradise, just keep your eyes open, so that you're not on the menu.

From north Queensland, right around the coast to about north of Broome, Western Australia, it's crocodile country! That's a very big incentive for pilots to maintain their aircraft and make sure they don't have to ditch into the ocean.

You can contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment