Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flyabout Adventure in Alaska

It pays to have a sense of humour when you travel (or any time really).

While in Anchorage, Alaska, I spent one whole day walking right around Lake Hood, the largest seaplane base in the world.

I photographed as I went (26,000 steps on the pedometer) and saw hundreds of land and sea planes on and off the water and in different states of repair sometimes.

The fresh air had obviously gone to my head when I saw this poor plane without its starboard wing.

It seemed to be saying, "I just went to the hospital for a check up and look what they did. They amputated instead and now I only have one wing left!"

If you want to see more of the planes photographed at Lake Hood and Trail Lake, check out my DVD, "Awesome Aviation", at http://www.franwest.com/dvds.php
You can contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment