Friday, February 18, 2011

Parks Pass Provides Plenty of Access to Wilderness Wonders

If you love the environment, nature, wilderness, wildlife, the Great Outdoors (sometimes known as national parks), then it would pay you to buy a national parks pass. Many countries have a national body which issues annual passes to their national parks.

Some states also have their own state pass. When I went "Off the Beaten Track" to film for my DVD, "Outback Adventure", I bought a South Australian National Parks pass. That will allow me access to my state's parks for a year.

When I toured America's Southwest in 2009, I bought an "America the Beautiful" National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass for $80. I kept it and when I visited Florida last year I was still able to use it.


"This pass is available to the general public and provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee for a year, beginning from the date of sale. The pass admits the pass holder/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas and pass holder + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, at per person fee areas. (children under 16 are admitted free) The pass can be obtained in person at the park, by calling 1-888-ASK USGS, Ext. 1, or via the Internet at http://store.usgs.gov/pass and http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm."

Some state parks will also let you use this pass, so it's really good value and encourages you to visit as many places as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment