Thursday, August 23, 2012

Animal Photography at Alma Park Zoo near Brisbane

A few weeks ago I was in Brisbane, Queensland, and visited one of the city's prime attractions, Alma Park Zoo. The aim was of course to photograph the animals for further dvds and interactive jigsaw puzzles.

I didn't bother renting a car, so I took the train to the outer suburbs and then proceded to walk for half an hour to arrive at the Alma Park Zoo before opening time. As usual, I kept stopping to photograph whatever caught my eye.

The entrance to the zoo is eye catching and the landscaping is stunning. A beautiful environment for both humans and animals.

It's worth arriving early and leaving late to catch the animals at different times of the day, attend the keeper talks and see the animals at feeding times.

As an Australian, I'm partial to koalas (which are not bears by the way) but I also love the Madagascan ringtail lemurs.


I love talking to the animals when I take photographs.

I'm sure they relate to the tone of my voice and appreciate when I thank them for their patience!

One of the features of this smallish zoo is the obvious bond between the keepers and the animals.

It goes beyond just the provision of food.

Here's my take on animals talking back.



"I love you."

"I love you too."










"This fresh fruit and veg is yummy, isn't it?"

"It certainly is and the silver service isn't too bad either."

"Being hand fed is my personal favourite though."

"And all on our own island Paradise."


There'll be a few more blog posts with animal comments later on so stay tuned.

Here's the link to a great day's outing at Alma Park Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment