Saturday, December 3, 2011

Be Passionate About What You Do

"Be Passionate About What You Do" is the February issue of the "Pilot Your Life" newsletter. Just email me at fran@franwest.com if you'd like to subscribe to the free monthly email newsletter (or use the "Subscribe by email" link at the bottom of this post). The newsletters usually have photos to illustrate the point and often a free destop wallpaper is offered when emailing a comment back to me.


Pilot your life newsletter no. 20

If you’re going to succeed in life, or business, you have to believe in what you’re doing and do it with gusto. Half-hearted attempts just aren’t good enough. Passion is what’s required.

I love my country, Australia.

I love travel, taking photos, doing adventurous activities, meeting new people and I particularly love flying.

All these things that I have a passion for I managed to combine in the goal that I had set myself, flying around Australia’s coast in a light aircraft.

During my trip, Oz Flight ’99, people could sense that I was passionate about and committed to the journey that I was undertaking.

They wanted to be a part of it too by helping me, giving me good information and advice, providing new experiences and having a lot of fun together.

If you aren’t enthusiastic about or don’t believe in what you’re doing, then other people won’t waste their time with you either.

When people read my book, Plane Reflections, or hear me speak about my flight, they can relate to what happened to me because of my enthusiasm. I can make them feel that they're in the plane with me experiencing the same highs and lows.

And with the photos, they can see what my eyes saw.

But best of all they realise that I'm just an ordinary person who made a dream reality and that they can also do that for themselves.

They too can achieve their full potential.

It’s truly amazing that we have the power within us to motivate other people and to change lives merely because of what we do.

So, my next tip for how to pilot your life (personal or business) is:

Be passionate about what you do.
Your passion and enthusiasm will also inspire others,
not only for your benefit but also for theirs.

Two of my presentation topics are:

Follow your dreams (at any age)
Success

No comments:

Post a Comment