Friday, August 27, 2010

Flyabout to Preservation Island, Bass Strait

To finish my flyabout around Australia's coast, I had to cross Bass Strait to reach Tasmania.

I left the mainland coast at Wilsons Promontory and headed over Hogan Island and the Kent Group of Islands to Flinders Island.

While there, I met up with Leedham Walker and he took us for a flight to some of the other Bass Strait islands.

We did land on Preservation Island and went for a walk up the hillside where we found this "loo with a view".


The top half of the door was open so you could sit and enjoy the island vista.

However, I decided to give this pit stop a miss when I saw a tiger snake skin on the ground just near the door. No thanks. I'll wait!

When I tell this story to young children they always ask me why the tiger snake left its skin outside when it went to the toilet. I don't have the answer to that one, do you?

Another "loo with a view" http://franwest2.blogspot.com/2010/08/walkabout-on-tasmanias-overland-track.html

No comments:

Post a Comment